Safety Management System (SMS) – Policy Statement
It is the policy of Air Falcon to pursue the highest standards of safety and health for our employees and the environment in which we live and work. Our organization is defined by the people who work here, both employees and managers, and each person is expected to support our core values of ethical behavior and valuing people in our daily lives. The critical elements of our Safety Management System are:
Our fundamental safety beliefs are:
- Safety is a core business and personal value of this organization.
- Safety is a source of our competitive advantage. Our business will be strengthened by making safety excellence an integral part of all our activities.
- All accidents and serious incidents are preventable.
- All levels of management are accountable for our safety performance, starting with the Managing Director (MD).
The five core elements of our approach to safety are:
- Senior management has determined that safety excellence will be a component of our mission, and will hold personnel accountable for safety performance.
All personnel will be trained in their safety responsibilities and will be held accountable for their safety performance. Safety performance will be recognized and rewarded as an important part of our employee evaluation system.
- We have an expectation of zero accidents that has been delineated in our corporate Safety Policy Statement.
- Managers will ensure that regular safety audits are conducted. These audits will focus on the behavior of people, as well as on the conditions of the workplace The results of these audits will be evaluated against the performance indicators established by the Safety Office.
All employees will accept responsibility and accountability for their own behavior. Each employee has the opportunity to participate in developing safety standards and procedures. We will openly communicate information about safety incidents and will share the lessons learned with others. Each of us will be concerned for the safety of others in our organization.
Manager Safety & Standards